- Took discrete measurments and TA
- @11:40AM I moved Apex probes monitoring the trash cans directly into the silos
- for TA samles I took directly from the discrete measurement water (filtered it). The discrete measurement water samples were directly from the headers and inside the silos (using clean TA cups)
- will finish full water chem analysis ASAP, but generally things seem on point
Animal check and clean
- silo 2.1:
- Used transfer pipette spoon to sift through sand to see if animals are buried. Uncovered at least 10 in 2 different areas, so Matt is right that the animals are just buried.
- Checked the mesh to see if it’s fouling. It’s not, it looks really clean.
- Cleaned all trash cans:
- disconnected pipe from manifold, drained manifold, and lifted manifold off
- lifted silos out and moved to empty tote
- dumped all trash can water
- rinsed trash cans with header tote hose
- all trash cans had light brown rinse water
- equalized flow to ~37mL/5 sec in B1 and B2, check multiple ports
- 3.12: clamp fell into silo, hopefully it didn’t crush them
- over all animals look good, especially those that are buried.
- cellometer counted 3-5E5 cells/mL in water from one port on each manifold.
- Flow rate from the manifold port was 37 mL/5 sec = 7.4mL/sec
- conclusion: they are getting 222,000 cells/sec. for at least 12 hours/day so it seems like they have plenty