Kaitlyn and I isolated DNA from four Jan. 4 hemocyte samples. Two samples were from Tank 2 (low pH) and two were from Tank 3 (ambient) treated animals. We used the EZNA kit and followed the manual with the following exceptions:
- We started on step 2 because we had cells not tissue, so no tissue homogenization was necessary
- Heat block in rm 213 was 59-65C instead of 60C because the digital setting was a few degrees off from the alcohol thermometer.
- In step 6, the volumes transferred were:
- 250uL for sample 16
- 300uL for sample 15
- 350uL for sample 26
- 400uL for sample 25
- We eluted with 2 x 50uL elution buffer warmed to 70C.
Then used 1 uL of each sample for Qubit BR.
Standard 2 read 98 ng/uL and 102 ng/uL, so average is 100 ng/uL which is what it should be.
Here are the following qubit readings for the samples:
|Animal ID||Tank||Treatment||Conc. (ng/ul)||Total DNA (ng)|
|025||2||low (pH 6.8)||8.3||830|
|026||2||low (pH 6.8)||7.4||740|
We will send these for WGBS.