Thurs. Sept 27, 2018
My goals for today
- FISH 546 9-10
- Epigenetics reading group @ NOAA NWFSC 12:30-1:30
- transgenerational of envronmental info
- thoughts: stress opens heterochromatin => transposon/pseudo gene?/protogene? expression; does the cell just go crazy under stress and hope something works? Or is there a non-random mechanism that selects for advantageous changes?
- siRNAs silence TEs: piRNAs specificly target transposons and this is heritable
- should we be doing ChIPseq of H3K9me (heterochromatin mark) to complement methylation data if H3K9me marks change under stress like they do in the paper?
- TGIT 4-6
Written on September 27, 2018